2am musings ;

5:13 PM 0 Comments


Three weeks of being home bound has taught me three things: you can watch too many YouTube videos, good music helps pass the time, and if somebody cares, they'll let you know. When you wake up at 2am and slither out the bed for pain medication only to spend another two hours awake and staring at your phone, you start to reflect. I soon came to the realisation that a lot of things I put emphasis on in my life, well, most of it wasn't important enough to have worried me at all.
When you're awake at 2am, the amount of likes you have on your profile picture really doesn't matter unless the people that have liked it are important to you (and in my case, willing to deal with sad messages that didn't make much sense.)
As for the music, I really don't know how I would've spent those hospital hours without music replacing the beeping and hustling of the hospital room. My playlist became a mixture of indie and soft music: songs that helped get into that almost-asleep stage.


Daniela

At least my mum thinks I'm cool.

0 comments: