Serpentine ;

11:55 PM 0 Comments

There is a waterfall in Serpentine: a small waterfall with an impressive collection of rocks and leaves at the heart of it's floor. 

The water had been dark the first time I'd visited it: everything had been so cold and harsh, as though it was a winter month and not the middle of summer. There were things lurking under the water, all sorts of things ready to grab the  legs of unsuspecting swimmers and pull them down. We were alone there too: just the three of us. And I hadn't gone in very far for fear of drowning. 

That had been almost four years ago. I went again today: wanted to see if the huge, monstrous waterfall was really that bad. It wasn't. The water wasn't clear, but it is a waterfall, so that's to be expected. It was full of people: so many bright voices and fast conversations. Even the air was warm and inviting: there was none of that cold, dark harshness that had been so pushy in my mind. 

What I'm trying to say is perspectives change. Who you were - and what you saw - 4 years ago isn't the same as who you are and what you see now. Maybe in another four years, I'll recreate the photos I took today. 

Daniela

At least my mum thinks I'm cool.

0 comments: