Nutshell ;

3:47 AM 0 Comments


Melbourne, where I grew up, is one of the street art capitals of the world. Something about discovering freshly painted walls always fills me with optimism; it's autonomous and democratic, and reminds me that maybe people are paying attention after all.
Penelope Mitchell 



Melbourne is exactly what I expected: artistic, eccentric, graffiti filled. Melbourne is the opposite of what I expected: cold, large, busy. For a city that takes up such little space on a map, it really is full of people, rushing and talking, cell phones open and jackets drawn closed.
The first thing I'd realised was how underpacked I was. It might be Autumn in Perth, but here it feels like winter. It's time to break out the winter pajamas and the woolen jumpers, and it's time to close the doors and start requesting hot drinks on a daily basis. The cold evenings have really taught me to appreciate tea. I think our biggest struggle has been public transport. Getting our heads around trams and which buses and odd suburb names has been interesting to say the least. We've been lucky enough to stay at a friend's while she is on holiday, which involves taking care of her cat in her apartment. (This has also been an adventure, as the cat has a habit of wandering into the bathroom to request pats. Truth be told I am scared of having my pajama pants torn to shreds.) (How much are cats meant to purr? This one purrs all the time...)

Other than that, it has been both calm and busy.


           
                     

 
    Coffee ft Directions on how to get Home!




     "Champagne" Watermelon....









Daniela

At least my mum thinks I'm cool.

0 comments: