15 ;

12:25 AM 0 Comments

Sometimes we get so caught up in ourselves that we forget to be happy with what we have. As a society, we're often encouraged to want more, whether it be more friends, more money, more power. We yearn for better bodies and cleaner faces, and sometimes we spend so much time looking ahead that we forget to look at the present.

I haven't been this sick in a long time, the last time being last October (coincidentally when I started this blog), and being so sick that you have no choice but feel the present, you re-evaluate aspects of your life that you thought needed improving and become grateful for what you have. I'm incredibly lucky to have a mother willing to listen to my 5 facts about fevers, and to have a dog that stays by my side and doesn't mind if I occasionally sneeze in his direction. I'm very lucky to have friends that care and have interest in my health (or at least very convincingly pretend to). Although being so sick before my birthday is something that I never thought would happen to me, and although I know I will be sick on my birthday, because there is no way I can completely heal overnight, I am just grateful for what I have, and grateful for what I don't have, which in this case, is a fever.

Daniela

At least my mum thinks I'm cool.

0 comments: